Jon Hinds founded Monkey Bar Gym in January 2000 as the first 100% functional training gym in the country.
This was a very daring step to take as all gyms at this time used machines for fitness…not the body! Jon argued that true health is based on the pure intuitive movements of running, jumping, crawling, climbing, reacting, and rolling mixed with natural whole body alignment training and plant-strong nutrition.
Before opening his own gym, Jon already had over 30 years training others at the highest level.
- NBA and NFL Strength Coach
- Tony Gonzalez, Wesley Matthews, Howie Long, Jimmy Butler, Kron Gracie (World Champion Brazilian Jiu-jitsu), Antoni Hardonk (UFC Top 5 Ranked Fighter), and over 50 more.
- Celebrity Personal Trainer
- Tony Robbins (Fitness Advisor and Part of his Life Mastery Course), Woody Harrelson, Steve Guttenberg, and more.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt under Luiz Claudio Augusto (since 1994)
- Gold medal winner at the Pan American games in 200
- Gold medal winner at Rickson Gracie International BJJ World Championships in 2001.
- Creator of over 30 patented pieces of Sports Specific exercise equipment
“I saw a need to give people a place that was really fun to workout at. A place that did movements that are innate in all of us, 110% functional, and done in a group setting where camaraderie, challenge, and encouragement are as normal as breathing. The way we train at MBG builds individual strength & confidence, and also community strength & confidence…”